The University Preparation course is for those ages 16-17+, who will soon be considering applying to universities either in the UK or their own countries.
This higher level, skills-based course (22 hours per week) is designed to focus on all the independent learning skills required of an ambitious undergraduate and indeed to help some of our students seeking entry to the UK’s best universities. Our Earlscliffe Director, Tim Fish, has over 25 years’ experience in preparing international students for entry into some of the world’s very best universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford, UCL, Durham and St Andrew’s.
This two week course includes:
- IELTS lessons and exam preparation (optional exam entry – see Booking Form)
- Research skills
- Essay writing skills
- Critical thinking
- Note-taking skills
- Completion of an extended essay on an academic topic of the student’s choice
- Choosing appropriate UK universities and courses
- The Oxbridge entry procedure
- Visiting Oxford, Cambridge and selected London universities, eg UCL, LSE and RHUL
- Personal Statement guidance sessions for those considering applying to UK universities through the UCAS system in the autumn OR taking part in our weekly general and UNESCO debates
- Public Speaking skills
- Creating a video CV